Virtual first dates are likely to be a permanent part of the dating scene. It’s a great idea if you are Wiltshire Dating to have at least your first date online. It’s easier, costs less and it’s a great way of screening out unsuitable people without wasting a lot of time and effort. So how can you make a virtual first date fun? I’ve put together some tips here.
- Find your first date using an site you like and trust. Try out Wiltshire Dating.
- Choose your preferred medium: Zoom, Teams, etc.
- Agree a time and date.
Then decide on what you will do? How about one of these ideas?
- Watch a film or a box set together. Netflix Party (a Chrome plugin) allows you to do that if you both have Netflix, while BBC Together, currently in its pilot phase, does the same for stuff on BBC iPlayer if you don’t.
- Play a video game together. Many online games offer a cross play feature now, meaning you don’t need the same console to play. Alternatively, apps like Scrabble or Uno are perfect for gaming on your phone.
- Solve a mystery together. Online murder mysteries over video chat are great fun: you solve clues together and work as a team. You’ll get a better insight into your date and it will provide a bit of bonding because of the shared experience.
- Take a virtual museum tour. You’ll get another perspective on things with a new companion and will gain a better idea of what makes them tick. If you each recommend a tour, you might discover a new place.
- Do an escape room. Again this is another chance for virtual team work and it will certainly bring you closer together. Doing something like this together will mean you get to know your date better than you would if you were just meeting in a bar.
- Create a Spotify playlist and listen to it together. You can pick out favourite songs or ones where you love the lyrics. Explaining what you like about a song will tell your date something about you and you’ll learn about them too.
- Make cocktails together. Maybe follow a tutorial on YouTube whilst you hang out on Zoom. You’ll have a few laughs making your drinks, then it will be easier to sit down to have a relaxed chat with your drinks. It doesn’t have to be an alcoholic one, non-alcoholic cocktails work just as well. This works doubly well if you happen to have a home barhome bar.
- Take a personality test together. They are just a bit of fun, but you might pick up an insight or two, plus it will be a laugh.
- Have a list party. Talk about the ‘five films you can watch over and over’ or ‘which five people would you invite to your ideal dinner party’. It’s another great way of getting to know someone.
- Make a vision board. Talk about something you’d like to achieve in your life and make a physical vision board to illustrate it. Think of it as a real life Pinterest board. You can include pictures of what you want to achieve and how you want to do it. Who knows it might inspire you to achieve that goal!
The pandemic may have changed dating forever, but we can certainly make the most of the situation. Plus, it makes sense to keep the best bits like working from home and virtual first dates for the future.