A blog can be part of your website, for instance a lot of shop sites have a blog on their web site. The blog might cover this season’s trends or a new collection in stock. It’s a way of enhancing your site providing interaction with your customers, new articles for search engines to crawl and a way of getting into search engine results. Or you can have a blog that intended to act as a sort of magazine or maybe as a platform for an influencer. There are any number of reasons to start a blogThis article is for people who have never blogged before or have tried blogging but have not been successful. It is aimed to help you start your blog with the help of a VA (Virtual Assistant).
Introduction: When Should You Consider Hiring a Virtual Assistant?
A lot of companies are hiring virtual assistants to do a variety of work that they need to get done. What’s important is for them to know when they need an assistant and what kind of task the VA should do. VAs are great for tasks that don’t require physical work, or tasks like answering an email or making a phone call. If you’re looking for someone who can help with something more involved, like handling your social media accounts or doing sales, it may be better to hire someone in-house.
Virtual assistants can be helpful when you need someone to take care of business while you focus on other things. So it’s important not to waste time and money on tasks VAs can’t complete effectively.
How to Choose the Right Virtual Assistant for Your Business Needs?
Things you need to consider include:
- What skills you need? Good communication skills and being able to work remotely are a must, but do you need any specialist skills. It would be worth making sure that your VA is experienced in setting up and running blogs. Will you expect them to produce content for the blog? Do they need to have good copywriting skills?
- What level of renumeration can you afford? To some extent, like anything, you get what you pay for. Don’t expect a top notch VA for rock bottom prices.
- Do you want a VA in the same time zone (or similar) to your own? This certainly makes it easier for faster communication. It will reduce the available resources a little though.
- How much time do you want from the VA? A VA probably works best if you want them for a few hours or few days a week. It might make more sense to recruit in house for longer.
What Kind of Things Should I Expect from My Virtual Assistant?
Virtual assistants can do a lot of tasks, and it is worth understanding what they are capable of. The best ones have a range of knowledge and success habits that will help you achieve your goals.
Virtual assistants are capable of doing the following:
- Manage your publishing schedule
- Gather information for you
- Do research for you
- Setting up a blog
- Create reports for you about your readership
- Writing blog posts
Consider what you need and want from a VA, but also speak to your chosen VA as they may have ideas to improve your blog. Creating a blog with a VA can take a lot of the uncertainty out of things and free you up to grow your business.